I would not be the same person had it not been for the Honors College and its willingness to help students achieve their goals—academic and non-academic.B.A., Psychology, 2017|
While we are not currently hosting visits on campus, we are available to answer your questions via Honors College webinars. Please join us virtually the following Fridays from 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM for Honors College Admissions Webinars:
- Friday April 24
- Friday May 8
- Friday May 22
- Friday May 29
You can join us HERE! Additional days will be added throughout the summer. We look forward to connecting with you!
The UIC Honors College offers the advantages of a small college with the opportunities of a large research university. The Honors College fosters a community of academic excellence, connects students with premier faculty, and promotes civic engagement and leadership opportunities.
The UIC Honors College is an option for undergraduate students at UIC who seek additional academic challenge and engagement opportunities outside the classroom. Members of the Honors College take honors courses or participate in out-of-classroom learning experiences each semester. Key benefits of the Honors College include:
- Small Honors-level courses and seminars taught by premiere faculty
- Faculty Fellows and Honors Advisors assigned to all students for mentoring and advising
- Merit and need-based scholarships
- Engagement in undergraduate research, service, and leadership
- Ongoing special events and organizations to engage with a community of like-minded peers
- Special “Honors-only” facilities, including a computer lab, study room, social lounge, and kitchen in Burnham Hall, and optional Honors College Housing