The Honors College welcomes applications from students entering UIC as transfer students.
Eligibility: Heading link
Please note that this information is only intended for students who are transferring to UIC for the Spring 2022 or Fall 2022 terms who seek admission to the Honors College.
The strongest transfer candidates to the Honors College typically have completed 24 semester hours, earned at least a 3.4 GPA, and plan to be enrolled at UIC for at least four semesters (however those with three semesters left may be considered).
How to Apply: Heading link
- Visit the UIC Office of Admissions website for application requirements.
- Apply to UIC through the transfer application .
- On the Honors College tab, select “Yes” to apply to the UIC Honors College. You will be asked to provide 400-500 word essays to answer each of the following questions:
- Please describe ways that you have sought out academic challenges and personal growth opportunities while in high school or your previous college(s). Examples can include activities both inside or outside of your school.
- In its mission statement, the UIC Honors College is described as a community of scholars whose goal is to enrich the educational experience of undergraduates and allow the faculty and students of all disciplines to interact in teaching, learning, and research. How can you contribute to the Honors College community? What benefits do you expect in return?
Please be advised that you are required to submit Honors College essays at the time of application for full consideration.
If you are interested in applying to the Honors College, but have already submitted your UIC Application without indicating that you wanted to be considered for the Honors College, please access a secondary Honors College application through this link.
If you have additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Heading link
- Fall 2022 final deadline is June 1, 2022
Additional Information for Transfer Applicants: Heading link
Learn more about the Honors College curriculum and requirements before applying!
Apply to the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) or Transfer Merit scholarships through our scholarships page.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at (312) 413-2260 or email@example.com.