The Spring 2023 deadline for Transfering Students is December 1, 2022 (NOTE: UIC deadline: October 15, 2022)
The Honors College accepts new students to the college for both Fall and Spring semesters. Current UIC students are able to apply to join the UIC Honors College as long as they meet the minimum 3.40 UIC GPA and have at least 4 semesters of undergraduate study left to complete.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at (312) 413-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the UIC Office of Admissions website for application requirements.
- Apply to UIC through the transfer application .
- On the Honors College tab, select “Yes” to apply to the UIC Honors College. You will be asked to provide 400-500 word essays to answer each of the following questions:
- Please describe ways that you have sought out academic challenges and personal growth opportunities while in high school or your previous college(s). Examples can include activities both inside or outside of your school.
- In its mission statement, the UIC Honors College is described as a community of scholars whose goal is to enrich the educational experience of undergraduates and allow the faculty and students of all disciplines to interact in teaching, learning, and research. How can you contribute to the Honors College community? What benefits do you expect in return?
Please be advised that you are required to submit Honors College essays at the time of application for full consideration.
If you are interested in applying to the Honors College, but have already submitted your UIC Application without indicating that you wanted to be considered for the Honors College, please access a secondary Honors College application through this link.
If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com
The Honors College welcomes applications from students entering UIC as transfer students.
The strongest transfer candidates to the Honors College typically have completed 24 semester hours, earned at least a 3.4 GPA, and plan to be enrolled at UIC for at least four semesters (however those with three semesters left may be considered).
Each session is scheduled for 120 minutes, and you can choose to attend either an in-person or virtual session. Honors students should attend orientation with their primary college first to select their major related courses, before attending Honors Navigate.
Each Honors Navigate session will include:
- Overview of the Honors College and requirements
- Fall 2022 Honors courses and activities
- Q & A with current honors students and academic advisors
Fall 2022 Honors Navigate sessions Heading link
For newly admitted transferring and continuing students, after receiving your official Honors College acceptance letter, students will be required to attend one of our Honors Navigate sessions. To register for Honors Navigate, and learn more about honors courses for this Fall 2022 semester, please visit: https://go.uic.edu/HonorsNavigate
The available Honors Navigate sessions for Fall 2022 are as follows:
- Thursday, August 11: Online (Zoom) @ 1pm – 3pm (CST)