The Honors College welcomes applications from first-year students entering UIC in Fall 2019.
How to Apply:
The UIC Honors College application process is two-fold. Applicants must apply to UIC as a first-year student using The Common Application. The UIC Honors College application is located within the UIC First Year Supplement of The Common Application.
- Visit the UIC Office of Admissions website for application requirements.
- Submit a completed Common Application along with the UIC First Year Supplement.
- In the “Questions” tab of the UIC First Year Supplement, apply to the UIC Honors College and submit the required Honors College Statement ▾
Honors College Statement: (400-500 word limit): In its mission statement, the UIC Honors College is described as a community of scholars whose goal is to enrich the educational experience of undergraduates and allow the faculty and students of all disciplines to interact in teaching, learning, and research. How will your engagement with the Honors College foster your academic, personal, and professional growth? Please be advised that you are required to submit an Honors College essay at time of application for full consideration.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation: Letters should be from people who can attest to the applicant’s academic and professional capabilities; family members are not acceptable sources. The selection committees prefer that recommenders address the student’s experience in the following areas as observed: academic ability, motivation, intellectual curiosity, maturity, responsibility, written expression of ideas, and research aptitude. School Counselor Evaluation forms (that contains a letter) may also be accepted as a letter of recommendation.Letters of recommendation can be submitted electronically or via mail:
- Electronic submission: Invite recommenders to submit letters electronically via The Common Application. Important: You must assign your recommenders after they have been invited for the letters to be received.
- Mail or In-Person Submission: Send letters in a sealed envelope with recommender’s signature over the flap. Mail all documents to the following address:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions (MC 018)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1200 West Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60607-7161
If you are interested in applying to the Honors College, but have already submitted your UIC Supplement to The Common Application without indicating that you wanted to be considered for the Honors College, please visit this link to the UIC Admission Portal or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority application deadline: November 1, 2018
Final application deadline: February 1, 2019
Honors College Interviews: October 2018 – March 2019
Additional Opportunities for First-Year Applicants:
We also encourage you to learn more about the following opportunities available to first-year Honors College applicants:
- Honors College curriculum and requirements
- Honors College scholarship opportunities for first-year students
- Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions (GPPA), which provides exceptional first-year applicants a guaranteed admission to professional programs including medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, physical therapy, law, education, business, engineering, and more.
- Honors College Housing
If you have additional questions, please contact us at (312) 413-2260 or email@example.com.