The Honors College welcomes applications from current UIC students for the Spring 2022 semester.
The Honors College welcomes applications from students entering UIC as transfer students.
All newly admitted transfer and continuing honors students are required to attend an Honors Navigate session to complete their admission to the honors college. The sessions serve as your orientation and are scheduled for 90 minutes and take place virtually via Zoom. Please note that students are still expected to also meet with their primary college/major advisor(s).
The following sessions are for honors students admitted for the Spring 2022 semester:
Friday, December 17, 2021 from 1pm-2:30pm (CST)
Monday, December 20, 2021 from 4pm-5:30pm (CST)
Thursday, January 6, 2022 from 10am-11:30am (CST)
Friday, January 7, 2022 3pm-4:30pm (CST)
To register for Honors Navigate and learn more about Honors courses for this Spring 2022 semester, please visit https://go.uic.edu/HonorsNavigate
Please note that this application is only intended for current UIC students who seek admission to the Honors College for the Spring 2022 semester.
If you are a current student at UIC, have earned a 3.40 UIC GPA (UIC courses only), completed at least 12 credit hours of college course credit (one full-time semester) at the time of application, a minimum of 24 credit hours at the time of admission, and have at least four semesters left until graduation, you are eligible to apply to the Honors College.
- Complete the online Honors College application.
- Submit two (2) required essays of approximately 500 words each:
- Essay 1: Describe your academic and career plans in approximately 500 words.
- Essay 2: The curriculum of the Honors College is composed of interdisciplinary courses, reflection, co-curricular experiences, and engagement with complex issues requiring dialogue and discussion. Please tell us in approximately 500 words why you believe this program is essential to your academic, personal, professional growth, and experience?
- Please upload your resume listing your extracurricular and community activities, work experiences, volunteer service, and hobbies. Please include any leadership roles or other accomplishments. You may also include scholastic prizes, awards or honors you have received, as well as special academic programs, such as summer enrichment or study abroad, in which you have participated. Alternatively, you may download our resume template, complete it, and upload it when submitting your Honors College Application.
Learn more about the Honors College curriculum and requirements before applying!
If you are interested in information about funding your education, please visit our scholarships page to view scholarships available to current Honors College students.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at (312) 413-2260 or email@example.com.