Read or Download Transfer and Current UIC Student Brochure Heading link
The Honors College welcomes nearly 225 transfer students and 200 current UIC students each year for a total of nearly 1,900 Honors College students.
Learn how to apply!
Getting Started Heading link
Current UIC students are able to apply to join the UIC Honors College as long as they meet the minimum 3.40 UIC GPA and have at least 4 semesters of undergraduate study left to complete. The Honors College accepts new students to the college for both Fall and Spring semesters.
- Complete the online Honors College application.
- Submit two (2) required essays of approximately 500 words each:
- Essay 1: Describe your academic and career plans in approximately 500 words.
- Essay 2: The curriculum of the Honors College is composed of interdisciplinary courses, reflection, co-curricular experiences, and engagement with complex issues requiring dialogue and discussion. Please tell us in approximately 500 words why you believe this program is essential to your academic, personal, professional growth, and experience?
- Please upload your resume listing your extracurricular and community activities, work experiences, volunteer service, and hobbies. Please include any leadership roles or other accomplishments. You may also include scholastic prizes, awards or honors you have received, as well as special academic programs, such as summer enrichment or study abroad, in which you have participated. Alternatively, you may download our resume template, complete it, and upload it when submitting your Honors College Application.
If you are a current student at UIC, have earned a 3.40 UIC GPA (UIC courses only), completed at least 12 credit hours of college course credit (one full-time semester) at the time of application, a minimum of 24 credit hours at the time of admission, and have at least four semesters left until graduation, you are eligible to apply to the Honors College.
Learn more about the Honors College courses and requirements before applying!
If you are interested in information about funding your education, please visit our scholarships page to view scholarships available to current Honors College students.
Each session is scheduled for 120 minutes, and you can choose to attend either an in-person or virtual session. Honors students should attend orientation with their primary college first to select their major-related courses, before attending Honors Navigate.
To register for Honors Navigate, and learn more about honors courses, please visit: https://go.uic.edu/HonorsNavigate
Each Honors Navigate session will include:
- Overview of the Honors College and requirements
- Honors courses and activities
- Q & A with current honors students and academic advisors
Current UIC Student Deadlines Heading link
Current UIC Students:
- Deadline for Fall: July 1st
- Deadline for Spring: December 1st
If you have additional questions, please contact us at (312) 413-2260 or email@example.com