Honors College Events
Honors College Annual Ball
The Honors College plans a formal event including dinner and dancing for UIC students, alumni, staff, and faculty. The Ball is scheduled during the spring semester, usually occurring in early March. More information, including access to purchasing tickets, can be found here usually about a month or two before the annual event.
The Honors College organizes a luncheon for students and faculty each semester. Honors College students are encouraged to attend these functions to get acquainted with other students and faculty, especially their Honors College Fellows.
Professional Development and Career Workshops
The Honors College offers workshops throughout the academic year that allow students to connect with alumni in their professional fields, as well as learn about additional opportunities. Previous events include:
- Observe a Mock Medical School Interview
- Understanding the Earth to Save the Earth: Environmental Career Paths
- Crafting Perfect Personal Statements
- Entrepreneurship and Biotechnology Careers
- Law School: What to Consider Before You Apply
- Inside the Shark Tank: Lessons in Entrepreneurship from the Founder of Spikeball
- Applying to Graduate Schools in the Humanities
- Making the Most of a Gap Year
- Alumni in Law/Alumni in Health
Honors College Convocation
The Honors College Convocation is a formal and personal way to acknowledge the success of graduating seniors. At the ceremony, students wear their commencement robes, and receive their gold stoles and a certificate of achievement. A leading scholar and an Honors College graduating senior are asked to speak. A reception for the students, their families, and Honors College staff and faculty follows. Find more information here.