Burnham Hall (Virtual) Tutoring Center
Honors College students are available to help with a multitude of subjects each Fall and Spring--from Accounting and Anthropology to Spanish and Statistics. Tutors are available by appointment (recommended) or for drop-in help. The service is free and available to every UIC student.
Tutoring is not available in Summer 2021. We will reopen in Week 3 of Fall semester, likely offering a mix of virtual and in-person options.
Application for Fall 2021 tutors has closed.
What students say about us!
…really awesome! I was able to understand literally all the contents I needed help with.
BHTC on Twitter
How to use the information on this page
During the academic year, we offer tutoring Sunday-Friday (closed Saturday). Appointments are strongly recommended. Drop-ins may be allowed if the tutor is not already meeting with another student during that time.
- Make sure we cover the class you’re looking for, and note which tutors offer that class.
- Check the schedule to see which of these tutors is available at a time that works for your schedule.
- Click on the Box link below for each tutor’s Calendly address and Zoom room, then schedule your appointment in Calendly. Troubleshoot UIC Box access here.
Scroll all the way down for links to other tutoring centers at UIC.
Subjects We Cover (varies by semester)
Engineering: Bioengineering, Computer Science
LAS: Arabic, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, CLJ, Communication, Economics, Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, Statistics
Who tutors what?
|Math below 180|
Who tutors when?
Other Tutoring Resources
You are also encouraged to visit other departments’ tutoring resources. Some are instructor-led and course-specific, while others offer peer tutoring. For the time being, the majority of tutoring services are being offered online.
Visit tutoring.uic.edu for descriptions of every tutoring unit on campus and a continuously updated list of all courses for which you can access tutoring at UIC.
- Academic Center for Excellence (ACE)
- AHS Academic Support and Achievement Program (ASAP)
- African American Academic Network (AAAN) Learning Resource Center
- Athletics Academic Services, Port Academic Center – for student athletes
- Business Learning Center (BLC)
- Campus Housing – Various Residence Halls
- Language Tutoring
- Latin American Recruitment and Education Services Program (LARES)
- Math & Science Learning Center
- Minority Engineering Recruitment and Retention Program (MERRP)
- TRIO Academic Support Program
- Writing Center
Peer Tutor Profiles
Click on the profiles to learn more about each tutor, academic subjects they offer, other areas where they can help, and more.