Chicago Signature Honors Program (CSHP)
October 9, 2021
7:30 PM - 11:00 PM
The Civic Opera House
20 N Upper Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60606
Free to Honors College Students
CalendarDownload iCal File
Join Assistant Dean Michele McCrillis for the second outing of the Chicago Honors Signature Program (CSHP) in 2021: a trip to the Lyric Opera for their season opener and brand-new work from Sir David McVicar; Verdi's operatic adaptation of one of Shakespeare's greats Macbeth.
Macbeth is the tale of one general’s violent and haunting ascent to the Scottish throne, encouraged & emboldened to steal the crown by his wife, following a prophetic vision shared by 3 witches. This operatic adaptation of the dramatic classic by Giuseppe Verdi, "bristles with energy and endless excitement. Grand-scale arias, hair-raising duets, stupendous ensemble, they're all here- in the first genuine masterpiece of Verdi's career." Sung in Italian with projected English texts over the course of three-and-a-half hours, this classic larger-than-life opera, which is nearly 200 years old, will leave you breathless!
We hope you’ll join us for Lyric's season opener and brand new work on October 9th.
Please note the runtime is 3 hours with one intermission.
At this time, the Lyric Opera is also requiring proof of full vaccination for all attendees. As such, if you wish to attend you will need to present your vaccination card upon entry.
To RSVP for this event, please use the link below. Please note that by RSVP'ing you understand, agree to and will abide by the following during your visit to the Lyric:
- To provide proof of vaccination upon entry.
- To wear a mask at all times indoors.
- Bandanas, neck gaiters, and masks with exhalation valves are not acceptable.
- You will cancel your registration if you:
- Feel unwell the day of the event
- Are experiencing any COVID symptoms the day of the event
- You have had a positive COVID test within 10 days of the event
- You have had close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having COVID
- You will adhere to physical distancing wherever possible during the event/outing.
- To respect the 10-day quarantine period if traveling from a state on the Chicago Travel Quarantine List.
- You understand and accept there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID in any public place where people are present. As such, by RSVP'ing you are voluntarily assuming and accepting all risks related to exposure.
RSVP Deadline: Weds., Oct. 6th, 2021 @ 12:00pm
Sep 24, 2021
Sep 27, 2021