“Her Honor, Jane Byrne” & Post-Show Discussion
Chicago Signature Honors Program (CSHP)
December 5, 2021
2:00 PM - 5:15 PM
Water Tower Works
821 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Free to Honors College Students
CalendarDownload iCal File
Join Assistant Dean, Michele McCrillis, Honors Advisor, Lauren Bell, Program Coordinator, Tyler Nielsen, and students enrolled in the UIC/Roosevelt University Honors Exchange course for Lookingglass Theatre's renowned production of Ensemble Member J. Nicole Brooks' (writer/director) incredible new play, Her Honor Jane Byrne, the original run of which was halted days after it premiered and has now been remounted!
Set in three tense weeks amid 1981, Her Honor, Jane Byrne tells the story of Chicago's first woman mayor, Jane Byrne, and the storm that arose following her move to Cabrini Green. Starring UIC Theatre Director, Christine Dunford, this one-of-a-kind outing will feature a post-show discussion with Dr. Dunford!
We hope you’ll join us for the Joffrey's glorious return and these incredible world premieres on Sunday, October 24th.
Please note the runtime is 2 hours and 30 minutes with one 15 minute intermission. Including the post-show discussion, for which you are required to stay if you attend, the total event time (including intermission) will be roughly 3 hours and 15 minutes.
At this time, the Lookingglass Theatre is requiring proof of full vaccination for all attendees. As such, if you wish to attend you will need to present proof of vaccination upon entry.
To RSVP for this event, please use the link below. Please note that by RSVP'ing you understand, agree to and will abide by the following during your visit to Lookingglass:
- To provide proof of vaccination upon entry.
- To wear a mask at all times indoors.
- Bandanas, neck gaiters, and masks with exhalation valves are not acceptable.
- You will cancel your registration if you:
- Feel unwell the day of the event
- Are experiencing any COVID symptoms the day of the event
- You have had a positive COVID test within 10 days of the event
- You have had close contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having COVID
- You will adhere to physical distancing wherever possible during the event/outing.
- To respect the 10-day quarantine period if traveling from a state on the Chicago Travel Quarantine List.
- You understand and accept there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID in any public place where people are present. As such, by RSVP'ing you are voluntarily assuming and accepting all risks related to exposure.
RSVP Deadline: Thurs., Dec. 2nd, 2021 @ 12:00pm
Nov 19, 2021
Nov 19, 2021